Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving

I would be lying if I said I always handled challenges gracefully.  This last month has proven to be particularly challenge-filled for me, and graceful would not describe how I handled most of it.  Suffice it to say that pretty much every aspect of my life went down the hole at once and I frequently found myself feeling like I was drowning in my own life.  Sounds pretty dark, but that's how it felt.  Take it or leave it.  Or not. 

Anyway, things were bad.  At first I just felt frustrated ALL THE TIME!  I knew I should be handling things better.  I knew I was not relying as completely on the Savior as I should have been.  We've all been there.  

What I'm grateful for the most this month is that it is the Lord who truly brings out the best in people, not ourselves.  I would be a complete wreck right now if not for Him.  He helped me understand that life requires patience---it requires waiting on His time-table because He knows what/when is best.  It requires trusting that He is still there even when it feels like things just keep getting worse and worse and how could He possibly still be involved if things just keep getting worse!  I know He is mindful of my life.  I know He loves me.  And I know that after night comes the morning.  There will always be a morning.  I'm so thankful for the things and people He has placed in my life to help me:

-my wonderful parents. You will never know how much I love you and appreciate the life you have given me.
 
-music. the right music can reach a part of me that almost nothing else can. it can lift me out of the deepest funks and put hope back in my heart.

-my incredible friends. we may not talk as often as I would like, but I still love you and am grateful to know you. my life would not be complete without you.

-my daughter, Isla. you bring so much crazy love into my life. sometimes you drive me nuts, but I love you. your smile makes my day. 

-my husband. you are my best friend. thank you for wanting to be with me forever.

"...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."  --Psalms 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment