Sunday, January 8, 2012

Here's to Two-Thousand-and-Twelve

This past year brought with it a lot of ups and downs and unfortunately most of what I can remember of it are the downs.  Going in to this new year I want to recognize, record, and remember more of the ups.  When this year is over I want to be able to look back and see just how many blessings I received.  I want to remember what it felt like to receive those blessings.  Starting off the year, here's what I'm grateful for so far:

1. My family. I left something at my Aunt's house in Connecticut and she mailed it to me.  Thank you.  My brothers checked our suitcases on their flight because they could do it for free.  Thank you, boys.  Michael's sister Laura visited us at the beginning of this week and it was so nice to have her here.  Thank you for coming! 


2. Michael.  He bought me flowers yesterday for no reason other than that he loves me.  Thank you :)  

simply lovely.


3. My period.  It means I'm not pregnant again yet.  Yesssssss.


4. My friends.  I got to hang out with some of them last night and once again I was reminded why I love them.  I have known some of them for a very long time and they are still the funniest, kindest, weirdest, and absolute best people I know.  I am a lucky lady.


I know there are a LOT of things, as a result of my being human, that I have failed to consciously acknowledge.  To the Giver of all things wonderful in my life, Thank You.  What little I know of the Lord and my Father in Heaven is what gets me through each day.  Their love for me is something I will always be grateful for and never be able to repay. 

Happy New Year!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment