Friday, May 21, 2010

Not quite as fun as pictionary.

1. Pickles. A lot of pickles.
2. Turkey sandwiches with swiss cheese and mustard
3. Roast beef sandwiches with sharp cheddar, lite mayo, and onion
4. TONS of popsicles in all flavors
5. Wheat Thins
6. Applesauce
7. Vitamins
8. Long naps
AND
9. Way too much time spent by the toilet.


Yes, world. I am pregnant.
Pregnancy is different than I had originally anticipated. It involves more vomiting than I think I've done in the rest of my life combined, BUT it also involves wonderful things like hearing a little heart beat. And looking through the bag FULL of baby/pregnancy magazines the doctor gave me. It involves hours spent looking at names that I had never heard before, and wondering if the little lime-sized alien in my abdomen will one day rue the day I named them. Most importantly it involves new reasons every day to be grateful for my life, for my incredible husband, and what I know to be true about this life---for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I am a happy lady.

P.S. December 5, 2010 is the tentative big day.

3 comments:

  1. HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!! Boo to being sick... I hope you feel better soon! I can't wait for you to get out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I just found your blog from your facebook page! I just wanted you to know that you can have friends here! :) I LOVE chocolate donuts and have narrowed down to my favorite kinds already. I love food, too and am always thinking about it and improving recipes! I would love to share some with you! I miss my husband during the day, too and try to get things clean, but I clean up after 6 people, so I rarely get it all done and then have nothing else to do. I also love to read books, but that is something else I rarely make time for anymore, mostly because they are lower on the priority list than cleaning, cooking, laundry, driving to sport events and watching movies. I want to be your friend! PLease let me bring you something chocolate, or whatever you can keep down nowadays! :) So excited for you! I loved being pregnant too. Babies are so wonderful and sweet. It makes me sad to think you just got here and are moving away so soon! I'll end my book here. I'd love to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, first..i'm glad you have a blog! :) Second, CONGRATS! I'm glad it's officially public! :) Being pregnant is interesting isn't it?? I'm 30 weeks and can't believe how fast it's gone by! Once you get to feeling better we all need to hang out before you two venture out west! If you have any questions or need anything, don't hesitate! I talked to preggos all day at work and know what you're going through! Ok, sorry, this is turning into a novel! Oh and I'm betting it's a boy!!! ;) Yay for babies!!

    ReplyDelete