Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hargiss' Lately

In the last month Michael and I have been blessed to see a bit of my family. We were in MD for a week during Michael's Spring Break. While there we ate a LOT of good food (a staple of any worthwhile vacation), went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore, toured parts of Washington D.C., had a great "Baby Party" for Isla with some of our wonderful friends, and mostly (and I think most importantly) spent time with my family. Here are some pictures of our fun:


Jacob had a good time carrying Isla around for the day. He's a good brother.
This is at the Air and Space Museum in D.C.


Also at the Air and Space


Air and Space


Air and Space


View of the Washington Monument from inside the Lincoln Memorial


Lincoln Memorial


Vietnam War Memorial in D.C.


Vietnam War Memorial


Vietnam War Memorial

I love the feeling I get when I'm in our Nation's Capitol. The people of this country may not be perfect, but I know I am blessed to live here. This is a choice land, and I love it. So many people have sacrificed SO much for our freedom---I will be forever grateful for them. Places like the Vietnam War Memorial serve as a much-needed (and too often taken for granted) reminder of these sacrifices. We should never forget how blessed we are.


While in MD, one of my best friends took some pictures of Isla. To see some of them, click here. I'm thoroughly convinced that I have the prettiest baby EVER. She should be the new face of Gerber. Here are some of my favorite pictures that didn't end up on the website:






This past weekend my brother Jacob came out to UT for a visit, and to see General Conference live. I have such a blast when he's around. I'm glad Phillip lives close so I can see him as well. It's fun to see Jake interact with Isla---he is going to make one lady very, very, lucky someday as an amazing husband and father.

Believe it or not, he put her to sleep for me :)


And last but not least, here is a video from last night in which we are attempting to feed Isla some rice cereal for the first time. Our fabulous neighbors (the Coleman's) were over for the blessed event. I swear every time they leave our house I turn to Michael and say, "We have the best neighbors ever." Everyone should be so lucky.



1 comment:

  1. You guys are so adorable feeding Isla. I was out of town and missed your visit to MD, Jessica! She is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete