Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Something about Spring

Things I find myself grateful for as of late:

+ Exercise: About a month ago I joined a gym with my neighbor/good friend. We've been going just about every day and I have become addicted. I LOVE the feeling I get after pushing my body past where it's comfortable, to a point where I am aching all over. It feels SO great. Thank you, gym, for changing my life.

+ My friends: I'm pretty sure I have the best friends in all the world. It doesn't matter how busy we get, or how much time passes between phone calls, because when we do talk it's like no time has passed at all. We trust each other and support each other and I am blessed to know you. Thank you, my dear, wonderful, friends.

+ My husband: He has been working SO hard lately and still makes time for Isla and I. He is my best friend and every day I thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a good man to be my companion. I am grateful for each day I have with him. Thank you, Michael, for all you do. I love you.

++ This one is most important, so He's last. My Savior: With Sunday being Easter, I spent a bit of time contemplating why that holiday is the most important, yet has largely been reduced in the world to bunnies, eggs, and marshmallows shaped like baby chickens. The day should instead be focused on the Man who makes it possible for us to change, to be forgiven of our mistakes and sins, who comforts us when we're sick or hurting in any way, who gives us EVERYTHING that we have every single day, who understands anything and everything that we experience because He has already experienced it. I am grateful for my Savior and the knowledge I have of Him---that He lives, that He gave His life for me so that I might live forever with those I love most. Without His influence in my life I am nothing, but with Him I can do anything. Thank you, Lord, for everything---even the things I cannot see. Thank you for loving me beyond my comprehension, and for teaching me to love myself despite my imperfections. Thank you for giving me reasons every day to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post Jessica. You are a beautiful, all-grown-up mom and wife! Thanks for letting me share in your life through this blog!

    ReplyDelete