Monday, October 3, 2011

My first week

My first week of being a vegan is now complete and happily I am still alive.  The following is a list of food that actually turned out pretty well:

-black-bean brownies
-enchilada casserole
-couscous with spinach, fresh basil, tomatoes and garlic
-lentil and edamame stew served with toasted whole-wheat pita bread
-lentil tacos in corn-tortillas


As it turns out, I really enjoy eating this way.  Michael has reported higher levels of energy as he does his ROTC workouts, and I am sleeping better.  Michael lost 3 lbs last week (not that he needed it...), and I've lost weight as well (but have no idea exactly how much since I hate weighing myself).


I feel so much healthier even after just one week and I am even more excited about what the future will feel like.  Perhaps one day soon I will wake up and no longer be in constant pain.  How marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment