Sunday, October 9, 2011

Trouble in vegan paradise

My second week of being a vegan is about over and it has proved more difficult than the first.  The reason?  Jacob's birthday.  The son of the couple in whose home we are currently living, resides in the basement.  His name is Jacob and this week was his birthday.  One might wonder why that had any bearing on my eating habits, but the 2 pumpkin pies, chocolate cookies and donuts he brought home should make more sense.  

I haven't had a donut in a long time, but seeing them on the counter made them mighty tempting in the face of my chocolate withdrawal.  Thankfully Michael was around every time I was tempted so I didn't give in.  I've never wanted dairy so much in my life and so tonight I bought vegan chocolate chips to compensate.  They taste like a dream.  Yum.  

Also really good?  The Mexican dip I made last night for a party.  I would have never guessed it was fat free if I didn't know it was beforehand.  Perfectly spicy, and miraculously tasting of cheese even though there was none.  It almost made up for the near-criminal lack of chocolate in my current diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment