Friday, January 25, 2013

Dream on

Found this quote the other day and it really resonated with me :

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it.  The time will pass anyway."

I needed to see this right now.  I needed to be reminded that the things I want for myself are still valid and it won't matter if it takes 2 years of 20 years.  I can either spend that time working toward something that will be good for me and that I want to do/be, or I can spend that time wishing these goals would take less time :-)

I have started on one of my goals as of a few weeks ago:  to lose the rest of the baby weight.  Now that my hormones have righted themselves (it only took about 2 years) and I am feeling like myself again, it's time to kick my butt into gear.  Which is why a few weeks ago I joined a gym!  I have been going at least 3 times a week (for me that's a miracle) and I am really loving it.  It also doesn't hurt that one of my best friends is going with me :-)

Point is, I'm happy.  And it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment